School Policy On Illness/Infection/Infestation
It is the policy of the school to:
- Make the child as comfortable as possible
- To contact parents/ or those appointed by parents to look after the child advising them of the child’s illness and requesting them to collect the child from school.
- That where transport is not available that the principal accompanied by a member of the teaching staff/ ancillary staff bring the child home.
- That the advice of local doctor(s) or the Health Board is sought where suspicion of infestations, infections or communicable disease is concerned.
- That parents are advised by circular in the case of outbreaks of head lice, scabies, etc.,
- Awareness campaigns involving children and parents will be ran as need arises. Blanket checking and treatment may be introduced and parents requested to verify such checking and treatment.
- That children are regularly advised on matters relating to hygiene.
- Health professionals may be engaged to give talks on health and hygiene to children and parents.